Who We Are
The Association of Malaysians in Western Australia Inc. (AMWA) is an independent, non-governmental, non-political and non-profit organisation endeavouring to provide a wide variety of services to all Malaysians and ex-Malaysians in Western Australia.
Incorporated in October 2005, the Association of Malaysian in Western Australia Inc. is committed to presenting, practicing and spreading the unity of the Malaysians and former Malaysians regardless of race, religion and culture in Western Australia.
Historically AMWA has been an events based organisation where the celebration of the 4 main religious celebrations were signature events. In 2017, AMWA took formal responsibility for the Merdeka Commemoration in Kings Park, Perth. For the 2019 year, the Executive Committee will be seeking to expand beyond being an events based organisation into providing tangible services to the community where resources permit.
Benefits to Members & Community
- Improving the profile of Malaysia within Western Australia through organisation of public and member events.
- Playing an active role in working for the interest of members within multi-cultural forums.
- Serving as a collective conduit for items of interest between members and the Consul General of Malaysia in Perth.
- Facilitating discussion on establishing new services and events that can benefit the Malaysian and ex-Malaysian community.
- Facilitating business networks for the benefit of members.
- Operate an active social media platform to help facilitate discussions between the community.
- Promote the historical close links of Western Australia and Malaysia through supporting commemoration events and special events.